I typically don't cook breakfast. During the week I don't have time before work and on the weekends I like to take advantage of sleeping before babies come in the picture. So in our house we typically do breakfast for dinner. My husband would always rave about these pancakes his aunt and uncle would make when he would visit them in Massachusetts. When she gave me the recipe I was shocked to see that they were made with oatmeal and wasn't too sure on how they would taste. They are awesome! Now if only I could master the skill of cooking pancakes...yes I admit my husband is the one who cooks the pancakes...but....I make the batter so I say that counts for something. :)
Ingredients:
3 large eggs
1 3/4 cup flour
1 3/4 cup oatmeal
5 tbsp oil
3 tbsp sugar
9 tsp baking powder
2 1/4 cup milk
Directions:
Beat eggs till fluffy. Beat in remaining ingredients until smooth. If the batter is too thick add 1/4 cup of milk to thin.
Heat skillet over medium heat. Spoon batter 1/4 cup at a time onto heated grill and cook until bubbles form on top, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for a minute or two more.
Heat skillet over medium heat. Spoon batter 1/4 cup at a time onto heated grill and cook until bubbles form on top, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for a minute or two more.

No comments:
Post a Comment