This is my first attempt at a 'copy cat' recipe and it was a success. I don't go to Outback often but when I do I always get the Alice Springs Chicken. I really don't see the point of going back to Outback now because this 'copy cat' recipe taste just like the restaurant version! If you aren't a fan of mushrooms you can leave them out but don't leave out the seasoned salt marinade, it gives it great flavor. I am on a mission to copy cat other restaurant favorites so if any of you have any suggestions please feel free to comment on here.
Ingredients:
4 chicken breast, pounded to an even thickness
1 bottle Lawry's Original Seasoned Salt marinade
4 slices bacon
1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 cups cheddar jack cheese, shredded
1/2 cup honey mustard dressing
1 bottle Lawry's Original Seasoned Salt marinade
4 slices bacon
1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 cups cheddar jack cheese, shredded
1/2 cup honey mustard dressing
Directions:
Marinate the chicken in the Lawry's Original Seasoned Salt marinade for at least 30 minutes. I recommend marinating it for 2 hours if you have the time.
While the chicken is marinating, cook the bacon in a large skillet. Set aside. Reserve 2 Tablespoons of bacon fat. Sauté mushrooms in bacon fat until softened. Set aside.
Grill the chicken 12-15, minutes until done. You can cook the chicken on the stove but for this recipe I think it taste better if grilled.
While the chicken is marinating, cook the bacon in a large skillet. Set aside. Reserve 2 Tablespoons of bacon fat. Sauté mushrooms in bacon fat until softened. Set aside.
Grill the chicken 12-15, minutes until done. You can cook the chicken on the stove but for this recipe I think it taste better if grilled.
Preheat the broiler on your oven. Place cooked chicken on baking sheet. Spread 1-2 Tbsp honey mustard on cooked chicken. Top
with bacon, mushrooms and cheese. Broil until cheese is melted.
Source: Plain Chicken

2 comments:
I love your blog Jennifer. I also enjoy Alice Springs Chicken, although I usually order it without the bacon. I too wanted to learn how to make it at home. I use a mixed cheese on top of the chicken, and I figured out how to make the honey mustard sauce taste the same as what they use. I also found a recipe similar to their ceasar dressing so I can have the salad with it. Same meal without the costly fee. I can share both if you like.
Andrea
Yes, please do share Andrea. I am always looking for new recipes to try. Thanks for following my blog :)
Post a Comment