Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pumpkin Dump Cake




I absolutely love anything with pumpkin in it and that is one of the reasons why I love this time of year. I have made dump cake before with apple and cherry pie filing but when my friend shared this recipe with me I knew I had to make this ASAP. My husband doesn't care for pumpkin pie and he loved this. I served mine warmed up with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, you could also top it with whipped cream. 

Ingredients:
1 20 oz can pure pumpkin
1 12 oz can evaporated milk
3 whole eggs
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 box yellow cake mix
3/4 cups melted butter
1 cup chopped pecans (optional, I didn't use in mine)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking dish
In a large bowl, mix pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugars, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon until well blended. Spread pumpkin mixture in prepared baking dish.

Sprinkle cake mix evenly on top of the batter. If adding pecans, sprinkle them over the cake mix. Pour melted butter over the top of the cake mix. Bake 50 minutes.

Cool. Top with whipped cream or ice cream.  

Slightly adapted from Cookies and Cups

2 comments:

emily r said...

im going to try this for my friends birthday who's obsessed with pumpkin! i'll let ya know how mine turns out!

Jennifer said...

Yes! Please let me know how it turns out. :) I am obsessed with pumpkin too.