Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Overnight Oats


Breakfast is not something I typically put a lot of time and thought into. My weekday breakfast usually consists of a cereal bar and then peanut butter toast on the weekends. I don't have time in the morning to make an omelet and honestly I am way too lazy to do that before going into work. That being said I have been on a search for something natural and easy for breakfast. I wasn't sure how oatmeal would be cold but it is fantastic! This is such an easy and healthy breakfast that I could seriously eat every day. The combinations of fresh fruit, dried fruit, and nuts are endless. 


Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup oats (old fashioned or quick oats)
1 1/4 cup skim milk
2 tablespoons of honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Desired Fruit and Nuts

Directions:

Mix oats, milk, honey, and cinnamon together in a medium size bowl. Refrigerate overnight. Top each serving with fruit and nuts.

*Serves 4, recipe can be doubled.

No comments: