I love when summer arrives and we can start using the grill outside. It makes for so much more options when it comes to dinner options. I wasn't too sure if my husband would enjoy these because I thought they would be too spicy for him but they are not spicy at all. In fact if you like spice you may want to increase the sriracha. If you have never used sriracha, you are missing out and need to buy some ASAP. You can buy the Thai Sweet Chili Sauce at your normal grocery store but I really like the one at Trader Joe's. The creamy chili sauce is delicious and healthy! I can't wait to see what else this sauce will work with.
Ingredients:
For the sauce:
2 1/2 tbsp light mayonnaise
2 tbsp scallions, chopped fine
1 1/2 tbsp Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
1/2 tsp Sriracha (or to taste)
For the Shrimp:
For the Shrimp:
1 pound raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
Fresh cracked pepper
Oil spray
Directions:
Combine the mayo, scallions, sweet chili sauce and sriracha sauce in a small bowl.Set aside.
Directions:
Combine the mayo, scallions, sweet chili sauce and sriracha sauce in a small bowl.Set aside.
Place shrimp on metal skewers (if using wooden, make sure you soak the skewers in water for 20 minutes). Season the shrimp lightly with cracked pepper.
Heat lightly oiled grill to medium heat, when the grill is hot add the shrimp. Grill on both sides for about 6 - 8 minutes total cooking time or until the shrimp is opaque and cooked through.
Set shrimp aside on a platter and quickly brush sauce onto the shrimp; serve immediately.
Source: Skinny Taste

No comments:
Post a Comment