Sunday, December 11, 2011

Tater-Topped Casserole


Who doesn't love tater tots? When I told my husband a few years back that I was going to make a recipe with tater tots he thought I was crazy and warned me that he wasn't going to like it. Well this is now one of his most requested dinners. The recipe calls for shredded cheddar cheese but I have always used shredded mexican shredded cheese because its what I usually have on hand. I also add minced onion and garlic to the meat when browning it. This is one of those dishes that you can't knock it till you try it. I always top my serving with a little bit of ketchup too :)

Ingredients:

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup  milk
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn, green beans)
1 cup Mexican Shredded Cheddar Cheese (or any cheese blend that you prefer)
1 lb. (1/2 of 32-oz. pkg.) frozen tater tots ( I usually use the Ore Ida Onion Tots)
 
Directions:
 
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
 
Brown meat in large skillet and spoon into 2 quart casserole dish.
 
Mix soup and milk in a bowl and poor over meat. Top with frozen veggies, cheese, and tater tots.
 
Bake for 45 minutes or until tots are golden brown and casserole is heated through. 
 
Source: Kraft Foods

No comments: