Chinese carry-out doesn't compare to my mother in-laws recipe for fried rice. I am so glad that she shared this recipe with me so I can enjoy it whenever I want. Plus it has bacon in it so you know it has to be good.
Ingredients
2 cups of cooked white rice
1 package of bacon cooked (keep bacon grease off to the side)
Bunch of green onion
2 carrots, shaved
1/2 green pepper chopped
2 eggs
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 teaspoon MSG (optional)
Directions
Cut bacon into small pieces and fry until cooked. Add green onions, green peppers, and shaved carrots. Add MSG. Push to the side of the frying pan.
Pour a little bacon grease in the pan. Crack 2 eggs in the bacon grease. Scramble and cook. Mix together the veggies, bacon, and eggs.
Add rice slowly and sprinkle soy sauce. Heat until warm.
Alternatives: you can add different veggies, ham, or shrimp to this.
No comments:
Post a Comment