Sunday, April 8, 2012

White Bean Chicken Chili


Its official, soup does not photograph well. Not that my photo's are ever anything spectacular but this was a tricky one. Soooo don't judge this soup by the picture because it is outstanding. This is a great slow cooker chili that is probably a little different than the white bean chicken chili you are used to.The ingredients might make it sound like its really spicy but it isn't, I think it has the perfect kick to it. I typically won't eat the same thing back to back which is why I am terrible with left overs but with this its different. When I make it I have if for dinner that night and then for lunch the next 3 days.

Ingredients:

5 cups chopped cooked chicken
3 15 oz cans of Great Northern Beans, drained
1 32 oz box of chicken broth
1 16 oz jar mild salsa
1 8 oz package Monterey Jack cheese with peppers, cubed
2 teaspoons ground cumin
Garnish with shredded cheese of your choice, sour cream, and jalapenos

Directions:

In a 6 quart electick slow cooker combine chicken, beans, broth, salsa, cheese, and cumin. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
Reduce heat to low and cook for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.

No comments: