Since I can remember my husband has always raved about his grandmas bran muffins and I thought he was crazy, what could be so great about bran muffins? Well I was the crazy one because they are delicious. I was a little apprehensive about making these myself afraid that I might ruin one of his favorite recipes but they turned out to be just as delicious. This recipe makes a large batch, probably close to 36 muffins. You can refrigerate the unused dough and make the rest within a few weeks or you can make the entire batch and just freeze half of the muffins.
Ingredients:
1 15oz box Raisin Bran Cereal
1 cup cooking oil
3 cups sugar
4 eggs beaten
1 quart buttermilk
5 cups flour
5 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt
Directions:
Mix bran cereal, sugar, flour, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl. Add beaten eggs, oil, and buttermilk. Mix well with a large spoon (do not use an electric mixer).
Pre heat oven to 400 degrees. Fill greased or paper filled muffin tins 2/3 full with dough. Bake 15-20 minutes.
Store unused dough in a covered container in the refrigerator and use as desire. The dough will keep for 6 weeks.

No comments:
Post a Comment